PROVIDER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT
Individualized, Integrated and Innovative Behavioral Health Solutions
Cigna is committed to providing our customers with health care benefits and services. The Behavioral Health Unit provides individualized and integrated behavioral health solutions to our customers through our Intake Team, Utilization Management Team, and Community Based Care Coordination (CBCC) Team.
- Behavioral Health Unit (Intake Line for Customers and Health Care Providers) 1 (866) 780-8546
- Routine hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CT. However, calls are answered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by our after-hours service health care providers.
- Behavioral Health Fax: 1 (866) 949-4846
Cigna Depression Disease Management Program (DDM)
- This program serves customers diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder (MDD) as well as those identified as having low, moderate, or high risk of depression, with or without a formal diagnosis.
- Eligible customers are contacted by Behavioral Health Intake Team, screened, and enrolled in the Program or immediately referred to CBCC services when high risk is identified.
- Any health care provider can refer a customer to this program. (To make a referral, complete the DDM Referral Form and fax it to the Behavioral Health Unit at 1 (866) 949-4846.
- The program is free and customers can disenroll at any time.
The Depression Disease Management Program (DDM) provides the following:
- Education to customers about depression and available treatments
- Information about adjunct services
- Help in making appointments
- Coordination of care
- Monitoring of treatment adherence
- Monitoring of treatment progress using the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) Tool.
- Confirmation of enrollment and program completion to the customer's PCP.
Do you have a patient who could benefit from this program? Make a referral using the Depression Disease Managment Program Referal Form
Find these Behavioral Health resources and more on our Health Care Provider Forms page:
- Depression Disease Management Program Referral Form – BH
- Inpatient Treatment Request Form – BH
- Inpatient Hospitalization Notice of Discharge – BH
- Outpatient Treatment Request Form – BH
- Psychological Testing Request Form – BH
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Initial Treatment Request Form – BH
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) Tool
We are glad to have you partner with us to provide better care to our customers. We want to help our customers stay as healthy as possible. Please have the customer answer the questions in the Health Risk Assessment.
If they have any problems completing the form, have them call a Health Risk Assessment Representative toll-free at 1 (800) 337-6769. He/she will be glad to help and will answer any questions they may have. TTY users should call 711. Our hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CT.
When they have answered the questions, please mail or fax the completed form to us at:
Attn: HRA Department
500 Great Circle Road
Nashville, TN 37228
HRA Fax Number: 1 (877) 440-9340
Our SUD coaching program is designed for both early intervention and long term use. This program offers:
- A dedicated behavioral health coach
- Ongoing one on one support
- Monitoring of medications or treatment
- Connections to community resources
- Substance Use education
- Support group information
Cigna patients can be referred by calling 1 (866) 780-8546. Customers will be called by a team member for screening and enrollment. Patients may self-refer, decline, or disenroll at any time.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT
The Behavioral Health Unit provides individualized and integrated behavioral health solutions to our customers through our Intake Team, Utilization Management Team, and Community Based Care Coordination (CBCC) Team.
Each Community Base Care Coordinator is a licensed behavioral health provider who strives to enhance the customer’s quality of life, facilitate the provision of services in the appropriate setting, and promote quality cost effective outcomes.
What we do:
The Cigna Community Based Care Coordination (“CBCC”) Behavioral Health Case Management Program focuses on coordination of services for customers with complex behavioral health care needs and for those customers with short term care coordination needs who may benefit from participation in the CBCC program. The CBCC Program is designed to work as a partnership between customers, health care providers, and other health services staff to provide the best clinical outcomes for customers. The CBCC Team achieves this through coordination with health care providers, hospital staff, and other community resources, as well as by working directly with customers during home visits and through close telephone contact.
The Intake Team is comprised of Behavioral Health Intake Specialists who serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking information about behavioral health services and for health care providers calling for behavioral health authorizations.
What we do:
The Intake Team is responsible for assisting customers in finding behavioral health care providers and helping them understand the various types of services available. Our Intake Specialists serve as the first point of contact for facilities calling for authorization for inpatient behavioral health hospitalizations and for outpatient services such as psychological evaluations, medication management, and therapy. In addition, the Intake Team also follows up with recently hospitalized customers for a post-discharge assessment.
Who we are:
The Utilization Management Team includes Registered Nurses and licensed behavioral health providers. Each Utilization Manager is required to have at least five years of behavioral health and/or utilization management experience. The Team also includes board-certified Psychiatrists.
What we do:
The Utilization Management Team administers Behavioral Health benefits by performing Precertification and Concurrent Reviews for inpatient hospitalizations. Additionally, this team works with hospital staff during a customer’s inpatient stay to ensure that appropriate discharge planning is occurring. The Utilization Management Team refers customers to CBCC services when barriers to success after discharge are identified or when a customer may otherwise benefit from participation in the CBCC program. While primarily responsible for managing inpatient utilization, this team also manages authorizations for Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) and certain other outpatient services. The Team’s Medical Directors provide clinical direction to and consult with health care providers about customer’s services as needed.